Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Where he leads me...I will follow...!?"

I am fresh back from a weekend spent with a rag-tag bunch of guys in the mountains of Colorado's front range. Wow, what a weekend! Suffice it to say it was a challenge to me--body, soul, spirit, and mind--exactly as it was designed to have been. 

Shortly after my return I wrote a response to some of them: "My experience this past weekend surpassed my expectations too. It's interesting because what I thought I needed to happen did, but not in the way I expected. I'm still processing that and I expect I probably will continue that effort for some time...and I may need more help with that effort(?). For sure, and among so many other things, I came away with a renewed sense and appreciation for the power and support of a "band of brothers." It was and is profoundly appreciated. Thanks so much for your part in that! And yes, those early AM events were indeed tall punctuation marks in the poem about an amazing weekend."


"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and being one traveler long I stood and looked..."
 Actually, the big reason I chose to attend that highly attested men's event was about a goal. I wanted to get some timely, personal, and providential insight. With Judi's support I have been weighing the idea of my returning--re-applying--to the organization that brought us to Denver in the first place. In that instance, in February of 1980, we moved from the Pacific Northwest to start a ministry on the University of Denver campus.

 The weekend's outcome--as I intimated quoting myself, above--is affirmative: I am now officially in the application process to return to Campus Ministry(!) under the auspices of Missions Door (click on that). At this point I...we...have no absolutely clear idea what the future holds for me re., application acceptance, immediate time investment, and talents to be employed. So, I covet your prayers and your input/discussion as we genuinely seek God's quiet and wise leadership

If you have something on your heart that you believe He wants you to tell me, please call, text, email. For such gestures of friendship I offer my preemptive thanks!

So, I close this blog update with this quote from The Book of Proverbs (16:9) : "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

Dick 
720-350-2992
rkbrandow@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment